Businesses, contact IN if you need help when planning to host international visitors. We can help with all aspects of inward visits; cultural briefings for staff, contacts and introductions, visits to local places of interest, social and recreational options, local hosts and more.
Welcome to International Newcastle
If you live, work or study in Newcastle upon Tyne or visit the city, and you’re interested in connecting with people in an international way, we can help you. Our aims are to help improve life chances, inclusion, community relations and socio-economic development. We are a network organisation, developed with the support of Newcastle City Council and many other partners.
People – residents, students, visitors
Hello, welcome to International Newcastle. We can help you find internationally related opportunities, projects and programmes that you can take part in. Have a look around our website and contact us for more information. Here are some current opportunities:
• See who is doing what with which countries – browse our online directory
• Meet people – join our International Club – email us to be added to the invite list.
• Be a local host and citizen ambassador – see what is required to join this exciting new programme.
• Learn to understand the locals! Take a GSOL class (Geordie for Speakers of other languages)
Business and organisations
If you are a business or community organisation already involved in internationally related work or are interested in developing international projects then contact us. We can help you develop your ideas, find funding and find specialist support or partners – at home and abroad.
Newcastle is unique – and so is International Newcastle. The organisation is growing and attracting more and more interest. Why not be part of this?
• Enhance the experience of your visiting clients or partners: our Better Visits initiative provides coordination and local hosting services for individuals and groups travelling to Newcastle from outside the region or country
• Give something back, and raise your profile in diverse communities at the same time: we run and support a range of projects for community benefit which offer opportunities for sponsorship
• Meet your corporate social responsibility commitments and provide development opportunities for your staff: talk to us about how we can help
• Get your name into new places locally and internationally: we offer a range of sponsoring opportunities that can help you do this
Pupils heard about the importance of studying languages at an event last week for Year 8 and 9 pupils from across the North East. Zelie Guerin from International Newcastle joined the panel and answered questions from the audience at the… Read More »
Now that we have seen the final match and the crowds have left, we can reflect on what hosting the Rugby World Cup meant to Newcastle and to International Newcastle in particular. Early in the year we were asked by… Read More »
International Community Day is a free event for international students in Newcastle to learn more about the numerous ways they can get involved in the local community. It is being held on Wednesday 28th October 1-3.30pm at Newcastle Civic Centre…. Read More »
Only one week now until we will be welcoming business and civic delegations from Durban and Newcastle South Africa to the North East England International Trade and Cooperation Conference. IN has been commissioned to help the North East Chamber of… Read More »
Zélie Guerin has been appointed sole director of International Newcastle, with full support and backing of the board. Zélie has a strong track record with over 20 years experience in the field of international relations and has been co director… Read More »
Join the IN crowd – become an IN Partner
Our Partnership Scheme is now open to businesses and organisations from all sectors. Becoming a IN Partner offers a range of opportunities – advance notice of events, opportunities and contacts; advertising and sponsorship options and much more. Basic membership is free. For more details follow the link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the IN crowd -International students
If you are an international or a home student in Newcastle and would like to sign up to receive information about our programme of opportunities for students please email email@example.com
Matthew Ord, North East Chamber of Commerce, International Trade Senior Account Manager
Simon and Zélie are fantastic ambassadors for the region and the offering from Better Visits is first-class.
Study Visit to Newcastle upon Tyne: SWEDEN, Västra Götaland 2014, Folkpartiet
We would like to thank you, both for arranging an outstanding programme and for your devoted approach during our visit to Newcastle. To quote our Group Leader in the County Council of the Region of Västra Götaland, Sweden: “ You, from International Newcastle, have raised the bar for this type of international study visit by one hundred, no two hundred per cent!”